24 October 2009

BULLETin Board Forums

I love to read, love to learn things, and even love to shoot, now that I've started actually understanding how a firearm works. I set out to find a decent bulletin board that met my needs in terms of safety, knowledge and know-how. I've found it in FirearmsTalk.

As I researched, I found there are a LOT of forums advocating their own personal interpretations of the 2nd amendment. What their agenda's might be, I don't know, and it didn't take long for me to abandon forums who believed shoot to kill was a god given right. As I've said before, I don't want to shoot anyone, but hope that in my heart I'll be able to pull the trigger if I ever need to in defense of home or family.

There are bad people in the world, no doubt about it, but there are also lots of good people too. A lot of these good people, with guns, attend this particular forum. They have no qualms about calling out liars and fakes, people impersonating military personnel, law enforcement officers and the like. (As reprehensible as it sounds, they're out there) They believe in safety, in responsible gun ownership and taking responsibility for your actions.

On a side note, I've joined the NRA, associate member. I haven't received my decal, number or card yet, but once I do, it's going in my wallet right next to my nursing license and eventually my CPL.

No comments:

Post a Comment